What do we offer?
In addition to our core training covering the PPL and CPL syllabus, we also offer the following training and services:
We have a fully certified IFR simulator, operated under Part 141. Our simulator is endorsed for the following loggable items:
- 2 hours instrument time towards a Private Pilots Licence
- 5 hours instrument time towards a Commercial Pilots Licence
- 5 hours instrument time towards a category B or category C instructor rating
- 20 hours instrument time towards an instrument rating
- 2 hours towards currency for continued competency of an instrument rating
- Approach aid currency for NDB and VOR ILS/LLZ approaches
- Cross country and associated approaches for continued competency of an instrument rating
- Additional aid GNS430/530
It has GARMIN GNS530 GPS navigation and it certified for the following: RNAV, VOR, ILS, DME, ADF
If you want further details or pricing information contact us
Terrain Awareness / Mountain Flying
We have an instructor qualified to provide terrain awareness and mountain flying training, which is a requirement for a PPL or CPL licence. With the Orongoronga's only a few minutes flying away and one of the largest low flying areas in the country we offer a great range of areas to complete your terrain awareness and mountain flying.
In-house Flight Testing
We have an in-house flight examiner who can offer testing for the following:
- PPL - $403
- Instructor Endorsement Removals - Spinning / Night / Aerobatics - $345
- Aero renewals - $345
- C/B Cat instructor renewal - $403
- C-Cat training - we have two B-Cat instructors available to offer an individually tailored C-Cat training course covering both theory and practical components.
- Basic strip flying - we offer an introduction to strip flying into some of the many strips that are within 30 minutes flying time of Wellington.
- Wellington area famil - If you are new to Wellington or to controlled airspace fly with an instructor and become familiar with the airspace and air traffic controllers
- Casual instruction - we offer casual dual instruction for pilots wishing to complete a Biennial Flight Review, Type Rating or ad-hoc instruction. We also offer flight instruction for pilots or students with their own aircraft. Our fee for all ground / flight training is $90 per hour.
- Nanchang type rating - types ratings are available in our warbird - the Nanchang CJ-6.
Visiting pilots/overseas conversions
If you are visiting from overseas and would like to hire an aircraft our instructors can accompany you or we can also help you complete a foreign licence validation. Just give us a call.
Dual flights - our qualified NZ instructors can accompany you on any scenic flights or cross country flights you may want to do while in NZ, assisting you and teach you about operating amongst NZ terrain and airspace.
- Complete a foreign licence validation. Some of the key points to note:
- Valid for a maximum of 6 months
- Requires terrain awareness/mountain flying experience to PPL level (this is a requirement of the NZ flight training syllabus)
- Requires a flight test with an A or B category flight instructor in an aircraft that you already hold a type rating in
- You will need copies of your overseas licence, medical, logbook pages providing evidence of type of aircraft flown, evidence of terrain awareness/mountain flying experience to PPL level
- Evidence of Aviation Language Proficiency to Level 4
For more information visit the CAA website - https://www.caa.govt.nz/pilots/pilots.htm